Friday, April 4, 2025
No menu items!

Sauber sign Brazilian Bortoleto to complete F1 line-up

Must Read

Formula One’s New Era: Sauber Announces 20-Year-Old Brazilian Driver Gabriel Bortoleto

New Generation of Talent

Formula One is witnessing a generational shift, with young drivers making an immediate impact on the sport. The latest addition to this line of exciting young talent is 20-year-old Brazilian driver Gabriel Bortoleto, who has been announced to complete the future Audi team’s lineup for 2025 and 2026.

Sauber’s New Driver

Bortoleto is currently leading the F2 championship, having won the F3 title last year, and is part of the McLaren driver development program as well as two-time champion Fernando Alonso’s A14 driver management company. Formula One leaders McLaren confirmed that he would be released at the end of the year.

A New Chapter for Sauber

Sauber, who will become the Audi factory team in 2026, has big plans for the future. The Swiss-based team has appointed former Ferrari team boss Mattia Binotto in a managerial overhaul in July. "Gabriel has already demonstrated in the junior categories that he has what it takes to be a winning driver. We are very pleased that he will become a team member of Sauber and Audi," said Binotto.

A Unified Force

Bortoleto will join forces with 37-year-old German driver Nico Hulkenberg, who was announced in April, to create a strong team. "Together with Gabriel, we are on a journey towards success, and we will evolve into a unified force to shape a new era for Audi in motorsport. Nico and Gabriel represent the ideal combination of experience and youth, positioning us strongly for the future," said Binotto.

Young Talent on the Rise

Bortoleto is the latest in a line of exciting young talent coming into Formula One. Mercedes have signed 18-year-old Italian Kimi Antonelli to replace seven-time world champion Lewis Hamilton, while 19-year-old Briton Oliver Bearman takes Hulkenberg’s place at Haas. Renault-owned Alpine have also signed Australian Jack Doohan, 21, and Williams have Argentine Franco Colapinto, also 21, racing for them this season.

Conclusion

The signing of Gabriel Bortoleto marks a new chapter for Sauber and Audi, as they look to shape a new era in motorsport. With Bortoleto’s talent and experience, the team is poised for success in the coming years.

FAQs

  • Who is Gabriel Bortoleto?
    • 20-year-old Brazilian driver, currently leading the F2 championship
  • What is his background?
    • Part of the McLaren driver development program and two-time champion Fernando Alonso’s A14 driver management company
  • What is his new role?
    • Completing the future Audi team’s lineup for 2025 and 2026
  • Who else is joining the team?
    • 37-year-old German driver Nico Hulkenberg, who was announced in April
  • What are Sauber’s plans for the future?
    • To become a unified force to shape a new era for Audi in motorsport
Latest News

RHB IB trims GDP forecast amid tariff pressures

RHB IB Trims GDP Forecast Amid Tariff Pressures Economic Headwinds Expected in Second Quarter RHB Investment Bank Bhd anticipates heightened headwinds...

More Articles Like This